Every year it seems like a race to see which will come first: opening day or the Warren Miller movie. Either way, I’m always super excited about the Warren Miller crew coming to town. Barring a freak snowstorm, it’s the official start to my ski season. There’s plenty of love for both skiers and snowboarders in this year’s film with scenes from Mt. Bachelor, Japan, Iceland, and many more spots.
Attendees to this year’s show will get:
- Free lift ticket to Big White, Silver Star and Sun Peaks
- 2 for 1 lift ticket to Whistler
- Buy 1 Get 1 Free at Crystal
- One free mid-week ticket to White Pass
- 2 for 1 lift ticket to Schweitzer
- $50 Joe’s gift card with any $200 purchase
Plus, they usually have lots of giveaways for people in the audience. If memory serves, last year they gave away a $100 REI gift card, Warren Miller Crocs, skis, and a weekend ski vacation in Utah.
Seattle area shows:
- McCaw Hall at Seattle Center: 11/21 (6:30, 9:30), 11/22 (6:00, 9:00)
- Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue: 11/15 (3:00, 6:00, 9:00), 11/16 (2:00, 5:00, 8:00)
I picked up my tickets at Sturtevant’s in Bellevue (no Ticketmaster fees!), but you can also check out Joe’s Sports, Ticketmaster and theater box offices. More details, showtimes and trailers can be found at http://www.skinet.com/warrenmiller/
Also, I just found out that last year’s movie (Playground) is being released on BluRay. Looks like I finally have a reason to step into the BluRay world (after my unfortunate foray into HDDVD.)
And finally, did you hear the Crystal signed a deal with Warren Miller Entertainment to appear in their 2009 movie? They’ll be filming at Crystal sometime this year.
Bring on the snow!