Whenever Tyla suggests that we eat a really healthy meal, one of my first thoughts is a Garlic Chicken recipe from our favorite low carb recipe site (genaw.com). I admit that it doesn’t sound particularly appetizing when you look at the recipe, but the result is pretty good and it’s all good for you. Pairing it with a nice green veggie like steamed broccoli or peas helps to balance it out visually so you don’t just have a big plate of brown and orange.
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, chopped into stew-size pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley for garnish, chopped or torn
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the garlic, onions and carrots in a wok, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is done and the carrots are somewhat soft.
- Toss in parsley just before removing wok from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.