If you watch Duck Dynasty, you know that Miss Kay is a great cook. We tried her banana pudding recipe a while back and it has become a staple for special family occasions. Here’s the recipe. I changed it to skip the double boiler and it works fine, but if you really want the original you can find it here.
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¾ cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- ¾ cup of milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag vanilla wafers and crumbled
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- Slowly melt the butter and then add the sugar, salt, flour, evaporated milk and regular milk. Stir with a whisk.
- Temper egg yolks (add some mixture to the eggs to avoid them scrambling.) Add the egg yolks to the mixture, constantly stirring until thick. Add the vanilla extract.
- Place the crumbled vanilla wafers and bananas into a 9" x 13" Pyrex dish. Then pour in mixture.
- Chill before serving.
Warning, it’s super sweet and it kind of sneaks up on you so don’t eat too much in one sitting or you’ll regret it!