Mom has been telling me about this recipe for quite a while, and I finally got around to making it. It’s made with chicken thighs which we don’t usually have around the house so that was my excuse. The end result was really delicious though and this is very easy to throw together.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 soy sauce
- 3 Tblsp. red wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 3/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Place chicken thighs in a large resealable bag; pour the marinade on top of chicken. Seal the bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long handled tongs lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.