I love shepherd’s pie, but mostly I love the idea of it because I rarely make it. The other weekend, I finally decided to look up an easy version of the recipe and I found this one from Food.com. I cheated and used packaged mashed potatoes and it worked fine. Real would be better but that’s a lot of work.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups mashed potatoes, hot (packaged will work if time is tight)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup beef gravy
- Preheat oven to 375°F Brown meat in skillet and drain.
- Mix potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese and the garlic until well blended.
- Stir vegetables and gravy into meat.
- Spoon into 9-inch square baking dish.
- Cover with potato mixture. Don’t worry about it being perfectly even, the more rustic it looks, the better.
- Sprinkle with remain 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.