Tyla and I have been trying to mix in some low carb meals. I hate looking for low carb recipes because it seems like people think low carb equals vegetarian. Give me some meat! I ran across “Linda’s Low Carb Menus & Recipes” and so far the food we’ve made from it have been a big hit. The first one we tried was the meat loaf recipe. Sorry Mom, yours is good but I think this one has replaced it in my recipe book! It’s not nearly as complicated as Hippy Loaf, but it’s quite good. I forgot to snap a picture so this picture comes from the recipe’s website.
- 1.75 pounds ground beef
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro, or 2 tablespoons fresh
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon molasses
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl mix all but the Topping ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the meat in a greased loaf pan, or shape in 6 mini loaves and place in a foil lined 9×13" baking pan.
- Brush or spread on the topping.
- Bake at 375° 45 to 60 minutes for a single large loaf or about 30-35 minutes for the mini loaves or until the internal temperature reads 140-145°