Always in search of new crock pot recipes, we decided to try out one called “cream cheese chicken.” You can click that link for the original or view my slightly modified version below. When we ate it, we each ate half a breast per meal. The sauce worked out about right for that but if you think each person will eat a whole breast, you might want less sauce (or more chicken.) The sauce is completely fantastic though. It really makes the meal!
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 4 tablespoons melted butter (divided)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 package of frozen carrots and peas
- 1 package of chopped mushrooms
- 1 package of fettuccine noodles
- Place chicken pieces in crock pot and sprinkle Italian seasoning over chicken. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan and sauté onion, mushrooms and garlic. Add Cream of Chicken Soup, cream cheese, wine, and veggies. Stir until smooth.
- Add this mixture to crock pot and cook on low for an additional hour.
- Serve with cooked fettuccine noodles