Last week I made an effort to cook only recipes that I’ve never cooked before. Sunday was crock pot day and I somewhat randomly picked this recipe. It ended up being delicious! Our crock pot finished it perfectly right at the 5 hour mark. It’s important to keep your chicken and potato pieces big so that they don’t melt away.
• 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into cubes
• 5 medium red potatoes, quartered
• 1/2 (8 ounce) package baby carrots
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1 (26 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
• 3 cubes chicken bouillon
• 1 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
• 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
• 1/2 (16 ounce) bag frozen mixed vegetables
• 1 roll of buttermilk biscuits
1. Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken soup, chicken bouillon, garlic salt, celery salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker; cook on High for 5 hours.
2. Stir the frozen mixed vegetables into the slow cooker, and cook 1 hour more.
3, Make biscuits!