Only 79 days left until kickoff of the 2018-19 NFL season. This year we had two managers leave our fantasy league. Thanks to Jim for playing with us the last 10 years and Austin for the last 5! You guys were great additions to the league and you will be missed.
Since we have some new members, I thought I’d introduce everyone:
- Andy lives near Green Lake and his dog has more Instagram followers than I do.
- Dad is one of my parental units. He lives in Indiana and has three tractors.
- Logan is my brother-in-law (Tyla’s brother). He started off pretty bad in the league but somehow seems to be winning too much lately. He lives in Kirkland.
- Luke is my brother-in-law (my sister’s husband.) He lives in Toledo and just built a fence.
- Nick currently inhabits half of my office at work. We say that together we make a pretty average software developer. He lives in Woodinville.
- Tim is my brother-in-law’s (Luke’s) brother. He was also my roommate for a few years. He lives in Monroe.
- Tyler lives all the way across the cul-de-sac from me. He has a bigger garden than me and one more MG than I do.
Now that you’ve all been introduced, let’s refresh our memories of the standings for the last 10 seasons.
And if you take that chart and calculate average finish, here’s what you get:
The first piece of business is picking a date for our draft. We’ll do a live draft party at my house again, but as always, you’re welcome to autodraft if you prefer. I don’t think there’s much correlation between the people that the draft method you prefer and your finishing position in the league so don’t sweat it. Watch your email for a link to a poll for picking the draft date/time. You don’t want to miss out on your chance to pick Kaepernick. I mean, surely some team will pick him up before the start of the season, right?