It’s been a couple years since I’ve posted some of the text that I highlight while reading books on my Kindle. I’ll pick out a few good ones since the last one.
- If you can be the most enthusiastic person you know, then you won’t go far wrong.
- Success almost always follows great attitude. The two attract each other.
- How you speak about others speaks loudest about yourself.
- The smart man and woman save the best for those they love. If we show our loved ones the most gratitude every day, then life will smile on us in return.
- Reason is the first victim of strong emotion
- Those who take lightly promises they make to those they love are people who find little lasting satisfaction in life. This is not an easy time in which to live. That does not mean that it has to be a difficult time to love, but it does mean that you will find unusual stresses upon your lives and your relationship.
- When you can’t have both freedom and safety, which do you choose…?
The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan
- Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this. Men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
- Morgase claimed she had just made it up, her reply was “At my age, if I make it up, it’s still an old saying.”
- Never make a plan without knowing as much as you can of the enemy. Never be afraid to change your plans when you receive new information. Never believe you know everything. And never wait to know everything.
- Married life taught a man about women; or about one woman, anyway.
- One nice thing I’ve noticed about getting older is that your body doesn’t seem to need its sleep as much anymore. Dying doesn’t take as much energy as growing, I guess.
- Darkness cannot push back Light. Darkness exists only when Light fails, when it flees.